As I sit in my secret place people watching, drinking my cup of coffee and drowning it all out in my Lauren Daigle radio station, I can't help but ponder about the year 2015. It's mind-boggling to think that the number 2015 is now in the past and 2016 is the now. I'm already preparing myself to write 2015 instead of 2016 on all my papers...sorry in advance professors but I know you feel me. In 2015, I started my senior year of college (shout out to my super seniors!), traveled back to Honduras for the third time, received the Women's Discipleship Coordinator position, moved to manager at my job and have moved to 4 different places with so many things in-between. As we head into 2016, I want to look back at 2015 and remember things that I have learned and bring them with me, not just leave them there.
15 Things I Learned In 2015:
- Vulnerability is hard but worth it.
- We need people to walk beside us, this life isn't meant to be walked alone.
- The Lord will make you brave.
- Sometimes you have to get slapped in the face by humility to finally understand it.
- Fear is a liar.
- Satan will try as hard as he can to break you.
- "Let's get coffee" is not just a phrase.
- Great things can come out of unexpected places.
- I'm imperfect and broken but capable of big things.
- It's not about what you do, it's about who you want to be.
- To be fully alive, is to be fully present.
- Your story matters.
- It's okay to be a little selfish.
- Pursue what sets your soul on fire.
- I am loved.
I am not the same person I was at the start of 2015. I'm not even the same person I was in the middle of 2015. And that my friends, is something I am incredibly grateful for. My heart has changed in ways I couldn't explain because I don't even understand. I can now wake up and call myself not just a sinner, but a daughter of a King. I can understand that I am a broken human being but know at the same time, I am enough. When we finally allow our hearts to be fully surrender over to the Lord, unimaginable healing and growth happens. The presence of the Lord is powerful my friends, have you felt it lately?
What are some things you learned in 2015?
From one human to the next,